Makes 25 small pieces
- 80g pitted dates, finely chopped
- 60g coconut oil (or unsalted butter, softened), plus extra to grease
- 3 eggs
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g ground sunflower seeds
- 1 pear, quartered and cored, skin on
- 140g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 40g Brazil nuts, chopped (walnuts would be fine too)
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4
Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment. Put the dates in a small bowls with a splash of water and microwave on high for one minute, or until they soften. Allow them to cool, then blend them with the coconut oil in a food processor. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the eggs, then the ground almonds and sunflower seeds. Mix until everything is incorporated. Dice the pear into ½cm squares and stir it into the mixture too.
Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over, but not touching, a pan of steaming water. Allow it to cool a bit before stirring it into the brownie mixture. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake it for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.